In a nutshell
If you have concerns about this, you should contact us at [email protected].
What is personal information?
Personal Information includes your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and demographic and other personally identifiable information about you as an individual. It can also include business information that you contribute which concerns business and personal relationships between yourself and other individuals and organizations. You may provide Personal Information in order to enable us to provide you with our services. We may also ask for certain Personal Information when you request information about or order our products and services, participate in our marketing, sales or other promotional activities, or correspond with us. If you are in a part of our site that requires you to provide your Personal Information, it will be clear what Personal Information we are requesting.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help us determine the best service for you.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
Why do we collect your information?
We collect, use and disclose information that can identify you (“Personal Information”) so that we can:
- establish your identity;
- provide to you the services offered by the Site;
- troubleshoot and resolve problems;
- improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of our Site and business;
- provide you with news, updates, and reminders related to our services;
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- protect you and us from error and fraud;
- understand your needs and eligibility for products and services;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We only collect Personal Information that we consider necessary for achieving these purposes.
We may send you communications via email about our service. You can opt out of receiving communications from us by changing your notification settings following the instructions in the email.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect visitor information?
We use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that Personal Information is secure, including https protocol and encryption. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect, as well as the modes of access to it. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. More information about security is available in our Terms of Service.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled but it won’t affect your site experience or make some of our services not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website. Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. You can check them out here.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email within 7 business days;
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 1 business day.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email or email us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Last Edited on 2016-03-29